Monday, June 6, 2011

Shauna's Thoughts

Okay tomorrow at 6:15 is the big day!!! We had to scrub Ashton's chest for 10 minutes tonight, with special soap and 10 minutes tomorrow before we leave for the surgery. He hated it and made us set a timer.
I have been fairly proud of myself for holding it pretty much together but today I didn't. They were taking blood from Ashton(both arms) and he was screaming bloody murder!!!! Part of the problem was that he was STARVING!!! He could not have anything to eat before this test and it wasn't until 11:00. Well, anyway after we got out of there I was MAD!!! VERY MAD!! Why is this happening to my little boy? Why him? He has always been such a kind hearted little one. Why am I not blogging the perfect life like many other blogs? Why am I blogging about my son's life saving heart surgery? And not bragging about vacations, new homes, the thread count of my new sheets(people honestly take the time to count the threads)!!!!
Then I saw many others going through so many heart breaking situations. Right before my own eyes!! It was like our father in heaven heard me, unimportant/trivial me,and felt my pain. And right then and there, I remembered.....
" My son/daughter, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.

Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

Thou art not yet as Job; thy

friends do not contend against thee, neither charge thee with transgression, as they did Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment