Thursday, April 21, 2011

GOT THE DATE!

We got a call from the Mayo two days ago. Ashton will meet with a cardiologist on Monday, June 6. Surgery will occur on the 7th of June, just eleven short days after his 7th birthday. How's that for a birthday present? Now, I'm off to battle the big bad insurance companies.

I've been threatening to write some stuff we have been holding back. The reason I did not state this stuff earlier is because of the article which ran in The Spectrum, which was wonderful (thank you Brian Passey). I wanted The Spectrum to have first shot at carrying the news. If you read the article, thank you.

Now, the article stated that we cannot appropriately thank everyone involved in helping improve my little boy's condition and quality of life; but we can try. If you have donated anything at all and are reading this. Thank you from the bottom of my very being. If you have offered kind wishes to our family, thank you once again. If you have read about my son and have wished us well, even in silence, thank you.

Now, Due West could have easily taken the money raised during the show, and they each could have walked out of there 800 dollars richer. They did not! They recognized there was a need, and it was within their power to help. They do this all over the country. I think this requires a great amount of empathy and caring. I am calling all together to unite! Tell everyone you know about Due West (www.duewest.com) and let's get these guys into the top country markets. Let's help them get the respect they deserve. Write to their label, Black River Music Group, and tell them how much you appreciate these boys, and what they do. We can raise them up.

Anyway, this is getting long. I am not a fan of long posts. I have more to add, but I think I want this to be a post of its own, because it is highly important. Consider it a P.S.A. about the condition that is afflicting my little boy. Watch for that in the next little while.

If you are still reading up to this point, thanks for sticking around.

1 comment:

  1. Hello to The Gardners..just dropped stuff off on 4/21 for your yard sale...I met Shauna... You are everyones hero Ashton...you and your family are in my heart..I wish your "special" heart becomes "normal"...I'll drop over for yard sale...be well and safe..Mary

    ReplyDelete